I’m not a wealthy person, I didn’t grow up with money, and I live on a budget. I think a lot (probably everyone reading this?) of people can relate to that. With that said I know for some trying to pick out a photography related gift for your loved
one on that special day, whether it is a birthday, Father/Mother’s Day, Christmas, Hanukkah, or any other day of giving can be tough when it seems that everything related to photography is expensive. Or is it? I will be the first to tell you that there are a LOT of affordable items that will make the photographer in your life happy. And honestly, it is often these little items that we as photographers never seem to have enough of, or often forget to buy ourselves in the endless quest for that next big lens or new camera body. I speak from experience, and I am sure your friend/loved one would concur. So with that said I decided to put together a list of affordable items ranging from the $5 mark up to around say $40. For some $5 is easily doable, for others $40 will be, and for many of you somewhere in-between will be perfect! So scroll down and take a look at some of my ideas and if you have others to ad to this please share them in the comments below!!
Pass this on to others who I may help…I might just hint to my wife to have a look at this post😉
Have fun and keep them shutters moving!
Jamie A. MacDonald
$5 and under fun!
- Lens pens for cleaning lenses! Cost: $4.99 http://amzn.to/12YZgML
- Microfiber lens cloth: Cost: $4.09 http://amzn.to/11625eY
- Lens cap keeper. Keeps those lens caps from getting lost! Cost: $2.27 (buy a few of them😉 http://amzn.to/11627n8
- Silica Gel packs (like you find in your shoe box) to keep camera bags low in moisture Cost: $4.99 (10pk) http://amzn.to/14YQDSZ
$10 and under ideas.
- A rocket blower for removing dust. Yes, it looks like a rocket🙂 Cost: $8.49 http://amzn.to/Zp6GKS
- SD Card (memory cards) case that is weather sealed! Cost: $7.88 http://amzn.to/170yQOI
- CF Card (memory cards) case that is weather sealed! Cost: $7.88 http://amzn.to/170yQOI
- Memory card reader for the iPad! Cost: $9.99 http://amzn.to/14036mt
$20 and under ideas
- Get them a BETTER more comfortable strap! Cost: $19.88 http://amzn.to/10vWS0k
- Forget the shoulder strap and try out a wrist strap! Cost: $20.00 http://amzn.to/14040iR
- More memory =’s more memories! 16GB SD card? Cost: $ 19.80 http://amzn.to/10CqLJ4
- More memory =’s more memories! 16GB CF card? Cost: $ 18.99 http://amzn.to/1164zKp
$50 and under ideas
- The best batteries you can get! Cost: $49.99 http://amzn.to/1405d9O <—This is a mega pack w/ 12 AA and 4AAA batteries.
- New batteries and charger for your Olympus cameras: Cost: All below $50! http://amzn.to/12Z3ELH <—-You just need to locate the camera model🙂
- New batteries and charger for your Panasonic cameras: Cost: All below $50! http://amzn.to/12Z3PXe <—-You just need to locate the camera model🙂
- New batteries and charger for your Nikon cameras: Cost: All below $50! http://amzn.to/Zp8VOg <—-You just need to locate the camera model🙂
- New batteries and charger for your Canon cameras: Cost: All below $50! http://amzn.to/170Brbx <—-You just need to locate the camera model🙂
And finally we reach the end. I know the last section was all batteries but let me just say..We can never seem to have enough.🙂
I hope this helps some in making gift giving a little easier for you.
Jamie A. MacDonald